Last weekend was crazy across the Big 12. Sometimes, it helps to know just HOW crazy it was. To help with that, I decided that it was time to take a deep dive into the statistics surrounding the games. Parker Fleming, from the Stats O War podcast over on Frogs O War, has been helping me with some EPA numbers for a few weeks now, and I thought it was time to bring him on to take stock of the conference as a whole.
- Shocking results from the weekend.
- Iowa State defense has problems.
- Oklahoma State vs Iowa State EPA numbers
- Texas is back ... to being bad.
- TCU scheming changes coming through.
- Kansas State defied their EPA profile in dominating Oklahoma.
- Oklahoma is super efficient, in spurts.
- Kansas offense is very different from their EPA profile.
- Kansas defense was surprisingly efficient in passing defense.
- Didn’t learn much about Texas Tech.
- Surprise team for the rest of the year.
- Sunflower Showdown is a nailbiter.
Follow Andy on Twitter: @mister__brain
Follow Parker on Twitter: @statsowar
We want your input on the podcast. If you have something you would like to talk about on the podcast, or any suggestions for people that we should try to talk to, let us know by emailing us at email@example.com or on twitter @RockChalkPod.
Find us on Apple Podcasts: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-rock-chalk-podcast/id1294906568?mt=2
Find us on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/show/3dno6eQgQovesZXNu6CCoX
Find us on Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/vox/rock-chalk-talk-for-kansas-jayhawks-fans