With only a week until National Signing Day it is time to get prepped and ready for what is sure to be an exciting finish to the recruiting season.
- Kansas has fallen back into 10th place in Recruiting Rankings.
- Amani Bledsoe committed to the University of Oklahoma, edging Kansas.
- 2 Star CB Julian Chandler committed to Kansas on January 24, 2016. Chandler is from Sugar Land, Texas.
- 2 Star RB Khalil Herbert committed to Kansas on January 23, 2016. Herbert is from Plantation, Florida.
- Bubba Ogbebor, 3 Star WR from Frisco, Texas lists Boise State, Kansas, Texas Tech and Indiana as his final four.
- Evan Fairs, 3 Star WR from Richmond, Texas lists Illinois, Kansas and Maryland as his final three.
- Darby Baldwin, 2 Star WR from Beaumont, Texas currently has only Kansas listed as his one and only finalist according to scout.com
- Jay Griffin, 2 Star WR from Huntsville, Texas lists Kansas, Sam Houston State, Stephen F Austin, UCF and Utah as his final five.
- Stephan Robinson, 2 Star WR from NE Oklahoma A&M is committed to KANSAS.
- Karon Randolph, 2 Star WR from East Saint Louis, Illinois lists Florida State and Kansas as his final two.
- Braylon Royal, 2 Star WR from Arlington, Texas is committed to KANSAS.
- Tobias Enlow, 2 Star WR from North Little Rock, Arkansas lists Arkansas, Arkansas State, Henderson State and Kansas as his final four.
- Jeshua Hodges, 2 Star WR from Irving, Texas lists Kansas, Texas State, Colorado, Iowa and SMU as his final five.
- Tyrick Bennett, 2 Star WR from Dallas, Texas lists Baylor, Kansas, Texas, Texas A&M and Washington State as his final five.
I really can't decide who I think is the better prospect between Ogbebor and Fairs. Both are nationally ranked with Ogbebor checking in at the 121st best WR in the country and Fairs at 192nd. I know that is a whole 71 spots but these two prospects are almost identical and I'm not talking Marcus and Markieff. Bubba Ogbebor stands at 6'1'' and weighs in at 194 lbs. Add one more inch to Evan Fairs and he checks in at 6'2'' and comes in at a smaller 182 lbs. My gut tells me to give the nod to Bubba but really, who knows. One this is for certain, though, and that is Kansas needs to land a commitment from at least one of these prospects. But, two could be more beneficial for Ryan Willis.
- Demar Holmes, 2 Star CB from Chicago, Illinois lists California, Indiana, Kansas and Miami (OH) as his final four.
Demar is the lone tight end prospect to express at least medium interest in toward the Kansas Jayhawks according to scout.com. Standing at 6'6'' and 240 lbs it is clear that Holmes would be a big target from Ryan Willis to throw to. According to the experts, though, Kansas does trail both California and Indiana it should be interesting to see if Coach Beaty can lure him away from his home state and the sunny state of California.