Do you have a knack for writing, presenting an argument, or writing in detail about current events based on dynamic flow of information? Are you a high school or college student who is looking for additional writing experience and mentorship to lay the foundation for a career in sports journalism? Or maybe you're just an "old guy" who likes to put "pen to paper."
Whatever the case may be, do you want to join and help what we believe should be the premier website for Kansas sports, news, and commentary on the Internet?
If any of the above ring true, awesome. We'd love to have you at RockChalkTalk. RCT is looking to add several new writers to the team. We'd like our writers to be able to commit to publishing at least 1-2 articles a week, on KU topics of their choosing.
Depending on your work, dedication and talent, there are always opportunities for talented writers with high enthusiasm and overall creativeness. In particular, we'd love to hear from those that like writing about the NBA draft (high priority right now, THIS WEEK, with Wiggs/Embiid), recruiting (basketball and football), KU football, and of course, KU basketball. Kansas Basketball is obviously a driver for a site like ours, and is a 24/7/365 deal. Any non-revenue sports articles would be welcome as well.
Do it because you love it and because you love Kansas athletics. It's definitely a labor of love, so do it because you enjoy it.
The ideal candidate(s):
- Has strong knowledge about KU, both current and historical.
- Possesses strong writing skills.
- Has a nose for news, both in knowing what is important and identifying where to find it.
- Is able to write in line with our best practices for growing an audience.
- Is able to write and publish quickly while remaining accurate.
- Is a self-starter who can work with minimal direction.
- Possesses solid communication skills.
- Is comfortable working in a virtual environment.
Previous writing experience is preferred but not required. If you'd like to join our team or would just like more information, please email a resume or cover letter (and a writing sample) to mikeville at mikevilleRCT@yahoo.com.
We look forward to having you join our family!
As always, Rock Chalk Jayhawk!