Need a distraction? Basketball game helped last night. Today I'm seeing Mangino, Mangino, Mangino all over the TV. So what do we need?
How about the Weekly Power Rankings for RCT Football.
We have our first team eliminated from playoff contention. At the same time we don't have a single division winner determined and no one with more than a one game advantage. Oh and guess what? We're getting very close to the final stretch which has 2 more divisional games for everyone. It's about to get very interesting. It can be said that nearly every team still, "controls it's own destiny."
RCT Football League Power Rankings After the Jump...
RCT Football League Power Rankings
- Tosche Station Power Converters - The Power Converters have pretty clearly established themselves as the team to beat and one of our most consistent top ranked teams over the course of the season. KC is still close behind but right now the Power Converters look extremely tough.
- Percy Harvin's Smoke-a-thon - The smoke-a-thon might be the best team ever to be disqualified from the playoffs. I believe we're on month two without a login. Maybe what they say is true. The cigaweed messes with your motivation.
- Basketball School!!! - Like the smoke-a-thon this team is 7-3 but out of the playoffs for a different reason. Why? Well the Power Converters lead this division and this is a winner take all league. Still if KC can get to the playoffs this team will be very tough, and that's why they get the nod this week at #3 in the power rankings.
- Reesing for Heisman - Reesing takes a one game lead in a division that was extremely solid a few weeks ago. Losing streaks across the board have brought this group back down to earth but this group shouldn't be overlooked. Especially Reesing who has Fantasy favorites in Phillip Rivers and Stephen Jackson.
- Slow Dancers - The Slow Dancers are consistent, always in the mix. Part of that might have had something to do with a lack of effort from a certain someone in the division. That same person is on a 4 game win streak and 1 game back...Look out slow dance.
- Beltway Mudslingers - The Mudslingers must like to live dangerously. They are always leading their division, but everytime they have a chance to pull away they can't quite do it. Only a few weeks to go, can they hold on.
- New York Chiefs - Labba and the Chiefs are positioned well at the moment. If they can overtake the Smoke-a-thon, their in. If they can't...they may still be in. No real threat from the 3rd team in the division currently either.
- NorthChamps09 - Hottest team in RCT Football history in my opinion. 1 game out after a disasterous start. Este is closing in on completing the greatest turnaround in fantasy football if he can overtake Slow Dance and his Dancers of Fury.
- KC DeadHeads - The deadheads are currently in playoff position as they hold the tiebreaker in the division over Cutler's Crybaby's. Regardless of the outcome both teams have shown that a division once in the tank might present a legitimate threat come playoff time.
- Kansas Farm Boys - 3 games skid for this once highly praised group. The Farm Boys are desperately seeking to get back on track before a once very promising season ends in disappointment.
Fighting 5.7s - 2nd place in a solid division with a 2-0 divisional record. Same story as last week, just can't catch the Mudslingers.
Denver's Fighting Mangino's - That's right...I'm not going away yet. I may be last in my division, but I'm still only a game out and 2 divisional games to go.
- The Devil's Rejects - Rejects are in a brutal division, decent team but it's getting to the point where they have to win or they go home. Playoffs are starting early for the rejects.
- Cry Baby Cutler's - Good chance at the playoffs, just short on a tiebreaker with the deadheads. Might need to watch out though with Maurice Jones Drew passing up TD's to help his team secure a win. What the hell?
- Baby Seal Clubbers - The clubbers days may be numbered. A division that includes one of the more reliable teams and the hottest team don't necessarily set the stage for a late season rally. Although I will never underestimate the power of those who club defenseless seals.
- New KU happy hour? 4 to 5 - The happy hour has been about as happy as the Kansas defense that inspried it's name. That's not very happy lately.
- Spontaneous Combustion - First team eliminated from division contention. Time to focus on regrouping and winning the Toilet Bowl.
- Dezmon's Tutors - The tutors are losers of 6 straight. Still in contention for the playoffs due to their division but it's not looking good. Go ahead KC, pile it on.
|New York Ch...||126.85|
|Baby Seal C...||98.35|
|New KU happ...||91.65|
|Cry Baby Cu...||89.7|
Game of the Week - North Champs vs. The Mudslingers. Both teams had a whole lot to gain and this one came down to the wire.
The Mangino Award(best coaching performance) -Seal Clubbers, Slow Dancers, Basketball School all check in at 100%
The Stinkel(worst coaching performance) - The Smoke-a-Thon the worst at 73%, lack of logging in finally caught up...but they still won?
The Reesing(most impressive offensive performance of the week)- Power Converters...Geez 171? Are you serious...tough team to beat.
The Big 10 Award (worst offensive output of the week) - Spontaneous...59 pts...tough year.