The big news yesterday was Kansas' Men's Basketball team's trip to the White House. There are a bunch of articles on the trip, but before we get that here is a video courtesy of NBC Sports about the visit:
- LJ World's take on the Presidential visit: pictures only.
- KC Star's article on the visit.
- Actually, according to Google News, there were 151 articles on the visit. Knock yourself out, read as many as you want.
- Jordan Hamilton, a 5-star SF from Compton, California, is reportedly interested in Kansas. Man, our Class of 2009 could be the greatest of all time, no joke. At least for the amount of scholarships we will be giving out: most likely 3, with an outside chance of 4.
- Over at the Bleacher Report, Google News' best friend apparently, there is a ranking of the Big 12's best defenses (we are ranked at #1) as well as a list of 25 questions about the 2008 College Football season. Kansas is mentioned in the second question prominently, and briefly in the very first question, in the discussion regarding 'best games'.
- A list of the 10 things to be excited about for next college basketball season. A quick little read to get you excited about college basketball, despite it being another 5-and-a-half months before any real-life games are played. Ugh.
- Speaking of Ugh. ESPN is doing this whole huge thing on the BCS, and its 10-year anniversary and all. Here is four links from their mini-series-thing: The chances of a playoff actually happening are looking slimmer-and-slimmer the longer that the Pac 10 and the Big 10/11 have a tradition-filled say....BCS makes mistakes, but is positive overall (???) according to Ivan Maisel....Pat Forde (i.e. Mr. Mizzou) promotes an eight-team playoff....Largest slights in the history of the BCS: KU over MU in Orange Bowl ranked #8....
Let's end with the ESPN-BSC celebration-type-thing.
Later on today, we will continue the Florida International theme and the QB theme.