Here we go again.
- Over at Bleacher Report, they run down KU's Top Five games of the year.
- The Hutchinson, Kansas newspaper discusses some of the highlights of the athletic year for all Kansas Universities. KU is prominently mentioned, naturally.
- The basketball team is at the White House the next couple-of-days-or-so, starting off yesterday where they visited war heroes.
- Phil Steele, he of the famous college football preview magazine, released his All-American and All-Conference teams. Marcus Herford is named First Team All-American as a kickoff returner, and eight players were listed on the All-Big 12 teams.
- The Ozone, a football about Ohio State, goes through 20 questions regarding the upcoming college football season. Kansas is mentioned as a team 'on the downturn':
6) Who is taking a downturn this season?
Kansas. Most everybody is expecting Michigan to slide this year, and they will, but keep in mind that they only won nine games last season--so would seven wins this year be such a drastic drop in production? Not really. That's why I'm going with Kansas here. Last year, the Jayhawks went 12-1 thanks to tremendous quarterbacking, high-ranking defense, the number one turnover margin in the nation, and a severely average Big XII conference. This year, the quarterbacking should still be there, and most of the defense returns, but the conference is better than it was last year and you can't expect to have the best turnover ratio two years in a row.
- Another Bleacher Report article, this one on Quarterbacks across the country, briefly discusses Todd Reesing. Speaking of Todd Reesing, we really need a nickname for Todd around here. If you have any ideas, make sure and drop them in the comment section.
- The NBA ain't coming to KC anytime soon, apparently.
- Admittedly, I have followed KU's girls' soccer team all of zero so far this season, but there is a nice diary-type-story over at CSTV, with members of the team discussing a nine-day trip to Brazil.
- Yesterday, we briefly mentioned that LB Earnest Norman is coming to KU. Well, here are some videos of him in high school (2006 and 2007). And yesterday his high school teammate, FS Prinz Kande, also committed to the Jayhawks. We will talk about these players more during 'their position week', but here is Kande's video.
- And finally, to close out this Morning Update, here is a tremendously old link. All the way back from May 7th, but I missed it so you might have as well. It is a Sporting News article about the immense talent we are losing, and how our team will look next season.