I don't know of any Runnin' Rebs blog out there, but Fooch from over at Niners Nation, a San Fransisco 49ers blog here at SB Nation, kindly offered to answer some questions about his favorite college basketball team. UNLV. So, thanks to Fooch for answering the questions. It is always to hear and learn about a team from someone who has followed their every move since November, as opposed to what I would be doing. Of course, I will still be looking at numbers and names and be delivering a preview of my own a little later on tonight. For right now, I am still recovering from Western Kentucky and Davidson.
1) Last year, UNLV made the Sweet 16, but you have lost a substantial portion of that team to graduation; namely Wendell White and Kevin Kruger. How do you compare to that team? Better? Worse? The same?
2) What is UNLV's biggest overall strength? Basically, if UNLV pulls off the upset Saturday, the main reason will be...what?
3) Similar to Question #2, what is UNLV's biggest weakness? Is it the lack of height and depth in the middle, following the dismissal of Emmanuel Adeife, or something else?
4) Wink Adams gets the most attention on UNLV, but who else should Kansas fans look out for on Saturday?
5) What would it take for you to be "pleased" with the result? Do you have a win-or-bust attitude, or would a solid showing and a close game be enough to satisfy you, especially considering this was considered a "rebuilding year" in the preseason?
6) What do you think will happen on Saturday?
Thanks again to Fooch for answering my questions. And, in case you haven't seen it already, make sure and check out his preview of the Runnin' Rebs for Deadspin.