Proof that the blogopshere has truly exploded: the Big Sky Conference has a handful of bloggers. While attendance doesn't match up with "big-time" basketball, they are equally represented on the (mostly) democratic megabytes of the internet.
Luckily, I was able to find an excellent Portland State blogger, Ian Ruder of the Vikings Blog, a blog hidden inside the depths of the Oregonian website. Or just their sports section. Nevertheless, Ian was nice enough to answer some questions I had about the Vikings. I hope you stop by and check out his excellent blog as we prepare for tomorrow morning's game, it is remarkably well done.
Here are the questions and answers:
1) By now, I'm sure everyone has heard of 5'6" junior PG Jeremiah Dominguez, mostly because of his size and the fact that he is leading the Vikings in scoring. Who else should Jayhawk fans look out for, in other words who has the potential to take over the game for the Viks besides Dominguez?
2) What is the city's attitude towards its first ever NCAA Tournament appearance? Are they just happy to be in the NCAAs, or are they hoping that the Viks can make it a game, or maybe even win a game or two?
3) What are your thoughts on Ken Bone's rumored departure to Oregon State University after the year? Do you think it will happen, and if so, who will the Vikings replace him with?
4) With 2 of your top 3 scorers (Scott Morrison and Deonte Huff) graduating after this season, what do you think your chances are of repeating as Big Sky Champions next season?
5) What are your thoughts on the Vikings' seeding? Did you expect a 16 seed, or were you hoping for a better seed?
6) One last question. What is your prediction on Thursday morning's game? Will the Vikings be the first 16 seed to upset a 1?
Thanks again to Ian for answering my questions. For the answers I gave him, click here.