An Open Game Thread will be up in just a little while, but for now take a peek at the answers me and CrossCyed of Clone Chronicles exchanged about tonight's game between the Kansas Jayhawks and Iowa State Cyclones.
For my answers to his questions, click here.
1) Iowa State started off the year slowly, losing three of your first five games (including one to Northern Iowa) and lost to Drake by 35 points. Since then, however, you have done much better, even piling up two wins against Top 100 teams (Purdue and Missouri). Which team is the real Iowa State, the one that started off the year so poorly or the one that has been on a hot streak of sorts lately?
2) Just like nearly every other team in the Big 12, you are breaking in a new coach, Greg McDermott. What are your thoughts on him; do you think he is the one to get you back to the Cyclones' heyday of the late 90's and early 00's?
That being said, I've been pleased with the coaching this year, and it seems like he's becoming more similar to the Tim Floyd style ball we saw a decade ago. After our horrendous start - for the first time there were numerous Cyclone fans becoming impatient. That has died down, even from me. The big guy is growing on me.
3) Speaking of Iowa State's heyday, at one point you beat the Jayhawks five consecutive times, and Jamaal Tinsley went undefeated against us in his four games. So, with that said, what is your favorite all-time Cyclone-Jayhawk moment?
4) What is the Cyclones' biggest strength? What is their biggest weakness?
Their weakness is their offense. ISU is not a solid shooting team, especially from behind the arc. The bench is also remarkable thin, so even though McDermott will sub a fair amount, any contribution of the bench would be at least a minor surprise.
5) Score Prediction: Who will win and by how much?
There you have it.
A little more on the game a little later on, most likely in the Open Game Thread.