Just as we did Saturday with Nebraska, here are some questions I exchanged with OU blogger Matt from Crimson and Cream Machine. Be sure to check it out for anything and everything Boomer Sooner. For the questions I answered, click here.
1) Oklahoma looks much improved this season. Do you think that the Sooners are good enough to make the NCAA Tournament, and if yes, how far will they go?
OU's loss to Kansas State on Saturday hurts their effort because I believe that the top five in the conference are going to make it into the tournament. That means that Oklahoma is going to have to pick up a game on the road somewhere.
Keep in mind that this is a young team led by sophomores and freshmen. So while they are improved this season it's the future that still looks very bright for the Sooners.
2) Your forward play has been stellar all season, led by freshman Blake Griffin and Longar Longar, but your guard play has been suspect at times. Are your guards good enough to keep up with the four Kansas guards?
Sophomore Tony Crocker is averaging 11.5 points per game and then Austin Johnson and David Godbold put in 8.9 and 7.0 respectively. Combined the three have a 8.3 - 4.2 assist to turnover ratio.
3) A little more than a month ago, the Sooners lost to Stephen F. Austin at home. Was that an aberration, or were the wins over Gonzaga and West Virginia more representative of the "true" Sooners?
4) How happy are you with Jeff Capel in his second season? How does he compare to former coach Kelvin Sampson?
I always tell people that this is the point where Capel won over the fans last season which was obviously his first.
5) If given the choice, would you rather have a trip to the Final Four or a BCS Bowl win?
I guess the answer to this question is determined on whether you are a basketball or football fan first. I'm a football fan first so if I could only have one I'd take the BCS.
Bonus Question: What will the score and who will be the winner Monday night?
A preview will be up in just a little bit, as gametime is less than 2 hours away.