UPDATE: OK, revised intro. My last one sucked. For some reason, I am more calm now. Most likely the calm before the storm. In any case, here is my revised intro...
There are a couple of sports moments in your life you will always remember. Moments that, win or lose, impacted your life in a serious way; moments that remain engrained in your head. You remember where you were, remember who was there with you, remember what happened during the game. In my short life, I have only had one moment that I will never forget. Kansas. Syracuse. NCAA Final. We lost, 81-78. Michael Lee's open 3 was blocked with like 3 seconds left, our last chance to tie the game.
But that isn't the point. The point is this game, the Armageddon at Arrowhead, will be one of those sports moments for you. Nothing is more enjoyable than watching your team, the team you remain loyal to through thick and thin, playing in such high stakes. This is just about as high as they get pre-bowl season, hard to top #2 vs. #3. Whether we win or lose, this game will be remembered in the history of the Border War. Forever. And you will remember where you were, who was there with you, what happened in key moments throughout the game.
So enjoy the game. It will be one of the most important and meaningful sporting events in your lifetime, don't ruin it. Win or lose, this season is a success. So scream your face off, yell at the refs, feel free to enjoy the game any way you want. But whatever you do, make sure you enjoy it. Life is more important than winners and losers, life is about the moments. And win or lose, our Kansas Jayhawks football team is playing in a semi-play-in game for the National Championship. Just the opportunity is astounding. Enjoy every second.
Armageddon at Arrowhead, here we come. I have been looking forward to this game since Saturday afternoon, and my interest has only increased throughout the week. Right now, I am a bundle of nerves. You have no idea. In any case, I'm ready for this game to be played, even though were are still 7 hours away.
The game will come down to who can stop who more, both offenses will get theirs. Kansas has the better defense, but Misery's offense is more 'explosive' so that may be taken away. Here are my predictions for the biggest game in the history of Kansas football.
* Aqib Talib gets burned once by Jeremy Maclin, but comes back and intercepts a pass. Oh yea, and he makes 7+ tackles too in the running game.
* Brandon McAnderson runs for 150+ yards and shreds the Misery defense. No TDs though.
* James Holt picks up 17 tackles. I'm not joking. We will hold their TEs to short routes and he will be the one making tackles. I love James Holt.
* Mike Rivera will miss 4 tackles. Every time, James Holt picks up the tackle.
* Marcus Herford returns the opening kickoff past the Misery 50. We then go three-and-out (like always) and pin Misery back deep. He will have a great day in general, averaging 35 yards a return.
* Kyle Tucker will shank a punt or two. But when it counts, late in the game, he will pin Misery inside the 10.
* The crowd is 55/45 in favor of Kansas. There will be more Misery fans there than expected, but you will still be able to clearly hear 'Rock Chalk Jayhawk' at the end of the game. Clearly.
* Brent Musberger will say the words 'Rose Bowl' 17 times. Guaranteed.
* Chase Daniel will outperform Todd Reesing in the stat sheet. Daniel will throw for 340 yards and 5 TDs (and 1 INT). Reesing will throw for 296 yards and 4 TDs (0 INTs), but will win where it counts.
*Misery kicker Jeff Wilford will have a chance to tie the game with 2 seconds left with a 49 yard field goal, but will miss it wide right.
* Kansas 45 Misery 42
Use this for your open thread all day long, both pregame and during-game for the game of the century of the year of the history of the programs. I will be out and in, if I am here I might be kind of nervous.
In any case, you need to watch this YouTube. Talk about goosebumps. Don Fambrough should seriously introduce the starting lineups for ESPN. When I think of Kansas-Misery, and all of the history, I think of Fambrough. Hands down. If you want quality audio click here. The YouTube has music which overrides the speech occasionally, but the pictures more than make for it IMO.
When: 5:00 PM Central
Where: Arrowhead Stadium (79,451)
Blogosphere: Rock M Nation
Too long until game time...