March Madness is here folks!!!! 16 games today, 16 on Friday. Here is a preview for all the games slated on the first day of action.
- #11 Dayton vs #6 Ohio State, 11:15 a.m. (CBS)
Ohio State has lingered down the stretch of late. LeQuinton Ross is the main scorer. Aaron Craft has to make the
correct for the Buckeyes to scave off the upset.
- #14 Western Michigan vs #3 Syracuse, 1:45 p.m. (CBS)
Western Michigan eats glass. With 2 Centers in the paint, including 6'11" C Shayne Whittington. Is an inside force
that can handle Syracuse's zone defense. Syracuse has lkst their edge offensively. Don't expect change here.
Syracuse will get by..barely
- #9 Pittsburgh vs #8 Colorado, 12:10 p.m. (TBS)
This is your typical 8/9 game. Both physical teams. Pittsburgh is the more hotter team right now. Talib Zanna has to
be a force inside like in ACC Quarterfinals vs UNC. Lamar Patterson will be needed for the fight as well. Colorado has
rebounded nicely from loss of guard Spencer Dinwiddie 3 months ago. Josh Scott needs help from other players in order
- #16 Albany vs #1 Florida, 3:10 p.m. (TBS)
- #12 Harvard vs #5 Cincinnati, 1:10 p.m. (TNT)
ability of coaching for Tommy Amaker. He knows the game well. With that being said I do expect Harvard to pull off
another upset over Cincinnati. Outside of Kilpatrick who is their 2nd reliable scoring source?
- #13 Delaware vs #4 Michigan State, 3:40 p.m. (TNT)
now to not under perform. Delaware's guard play is only reason the outcome looks manageable.
- #10 St. Joe's vs #7 UConn, 5:55 p.m. (CBS)
run in 2011. But he needs help. UConn wins in a nail-biter.
- #15 Wisconsin-Milwaukee vs #2 Villanova, 8:25 p.m. (CBS)
Villanova has too many shooters for them not to lose here. You don't know what Nova team will show up. Still Villanova
advances to Saturday.
- #15 American vs #2 Wisconsin, 11:40 a.m. (truTV)
wins. Wisconsin's size up front will be the deciding factor.
- #10 BYU vs #7 Oregon, 2:10 p.m. (truTV)
game. Oregon is under sized. So it will be a problem for them to stop 6'10" PF Taylor Hawes in the paint. 3 pointers will
be shot relentlessly. But it comes down to guard play. Where Oregon decisively has the upper hand.
- #12 North Dakota State vs #5 Oklahoma, 6:27 p.m. (truTV)
for NDSU. Even though they have the hot hand from 3. Bison have no answer on the glass with Ryan Spangler.
- #13 New Mexico State vs #4 seed San Diego State, 8:57 p.m. (truTV)
New Mexico State will have a hard time scoring to pull of the upset.
- #12 NC State vs #5 Saint Louis, 6:20 p.m. (TNT)
me is a soft #5 seed. T.J. Warren should have another strong showcase. NC State wins.
- #13 Manhattan vs #4 Louisville, 8:50 p.m. (TNT)
- #15 Wofford vs #2 Michigan, 6:10 p.m. (truTV)
pulls off an absolute bracket tailspin. Michigan is flying high, even with the loss to Mich. St in B10 tourney. Offense with
Stauskas and Albrecht just too much.
- #10 Arizona State vs #7 Texas, 8:40 p.m. (truTV)
will over power Ridley inside. Felix and Holmes will have to work effectively to counteract ASU's size around the
I hope everyone enjoys today's tournament action. 1st and 2nd days are always the best. If you don't already give me a follow on Twitter @Flaxonflax.