Hello everyone! Happy Big 12 Tournament Week! I'm looking forward to seeing how Kansas fares in the tournament, and I hope Joel is feeling okay. My work trip to Columbus was an interesting mixed bag of experiences. FYI, the Kansas alum bar in Columbus is not very well managed, but it does have decent food. Also, they didn't have the channel the Senior Night game was on, so I took a taxi to Dublin for nothing. But, anyway, I've had plenty of time to think over some questions, and hopefully we can get some good discussion going.
By the way, thanks to everyone who participated last week. I definitely thought of our men's advantages/women's disadvantages question when I was watching this Colbert segment.
Anyways, without further ado, here are this week's OTT questions!
- Pick a team that you think will be a tough matchup for Kansas in the NCAA tournament (or Big 12 Tournament)... Try to stay with your original choice through the rest of this scenario... Now... Hypothetical situation: let's say that these teams will play each other at a neutral site, where the crowd is 50-50. All the players on both teams are 100% healthy... The wrinkle: The teams will switch coaches. Both sides will have exactly one week to practice and prepare for one another, and neither coach can "throw the game" for his original team. So, the question is: all else being equal, which team will win -- A Bill Self-coached opposing team? Or an opposing coach-led Kansas team?
- Do you think the United States should have a woman president? (Not any candidate or political party specifically; prompted by this Colbert Report clip and our discussion from last week's OTT.) Do you think there are any advantages or disadvantages to having a female president?
- Pick a movie with at least 3 Hollywood A-listers in the leading roles. Now, re-write the movie's plot generically using those actor's other famous roles as your movie's characters. (For example, Air Force One could be rewritten as "Commissioner Gordon takes over AF1; President Han Solo attempts to re-take the plane, while Vice President Cruella De Vil tries to negotiate the passengers' safety from afar.") Whoever writes the best/funniest one wins a prize... maybe. TBD.
- What is your favorite animal and why? (Submitted by PenHawk)
- I feel like the premises for television shows keep getting weirder and weirder. What's the craziest show premise you've heard of? Could be a show that is already over, is currently airing, or is set to air later this year.
- Please vote in poll below, and also please participate in the first annual RockChalkTalkies! Thanks in advance!