LAWRENCE KS - JANUARY 15: Kansas fans cheer during the game between the Kansas Jayhawks and the Nebraska Cornhuskers on January 15 2011 at Allen Fieldhouse in Lawrence Kansas. (Photo by Jamie Squire/Getty Images)
KUSports put a wrap on their all decade team and it's a pretty damn impressive team to say the least. Interestingly the entire team comes from just two recruiting classes with one being Roy's monster class of Kirk Hinrich, Drew Gooden and Nick Collison and the other being one of Bill Self's early classes that included all decade team members Brandon Rush and Mario Chalmers. It would be interesting to see how those five could blend together and compete on a team basis. I'd be pretty confident going into any game that the group has the ability to pack a punch on the offensive end while also taking things to another level defensively without a problem.
Now the vote has shifted and with those five as the nominees KUSports is running a player of the decade vote. Make your argument? Would you include someone else? Take it to the next level, who has been the most impressive NBA player of the group? Career stats courtesy KUSports and RCT voting after the jump.
1. Kirk Hinrich - 141 games, 12.4 points per game, 4.7 assists per game, 2.7 turnovers per game, 3.8 rebounds per game, 1.5 steals per game, 49.3 percent FG percentage, 43.0 percent three-point percentage.
2. Mario Chalmers - 110 games, 12.2 points per game, 3.8 assists per game, 2.4 turnovers per game, 2.8 rebounds per game, 2.6 steals per game, 48.6 percent FG percentage, 41.9 percent three-point percentage.
3. Brandon Rush - 109 games, 13.6 points per game, 2.0 assists per game, 2.1 turnovers per game, 5.5 rebounds per game, 0.7 steals per game, 44.9 percent FG percentage, 43.5 percent three-point percentage.
4. Nick Collison - 142 games, 14.8 points per game, 1.8 assists per game, 2.4 turnovers per game, 8.0 rebounds per game, 1.1 steals per game, 56.2 percent FG percentage, 35.9 percent three-point percentage.
5. Drew Gooden - 98 games, 15.6 points per game, 1.6 assists per game, 2.6 turnovers per game, 9.2 rebounds per game, 1.1 steals per game, 49.3 percent FG percentage, 30.6 percent three-point percentage.
RCT's Pick for Player of the Decade?
Kirk Hinrich (36 votes)
Mario Chalmers (21 votes)
Brandon Rush (8 votes)
Nick Collison (37 votes)
Drew Gooden (7 votes)
109 total votes