I have been reading Bill Simmons "The Book of Basketball" recently and came across a section in which he lists the changes he would make to the Association if he were NBA Commissioner. Since it is the off-season, lets do the same only for NCAA sports. Here are the changes I would make (in no particular order). Please add your own
- Football gets a playoff. Use the BCS for the top ten teams and go from there. Keep the current bowl system for the teams that fail to make the cut
- The men's basketball tournament goes back to 64 teams. No more expansion. If a mid-major bubble team can't make the cut, tough. That is what the NIT is for
- All stadiums must turn in their copy of Jock Jams. No exceptions. This includes any beat to death song released after Jock Jams came out.
- The one and done rule is gone (yes I know this has to do with the NBA but in my fantasy I have the power for that too.) Kids can go pro out of high school or go to college and stay for 3 years.
- Television broadcasts of game must stick to the traditional view for live shots. No more behind the quarterback shots or the half court facing the basket shot. This drives me crazy