Front Page bump for KU_Lew. Great use of the fanpost opportunity here at RCT!
KU fans all have at least a general awareness of how KU has dominated the Big 12 conference in men's basketball over the last 7 years. But simply comparing KU's Big 12 win/loss record over that 7-year span to the win/loss records of all the other Big 12 schools probably doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know or suspect.
So I set out to review KU's Big 12 road record during this 7-year period and see how that compares to the home records of the other Big 12 schools over that time. In doing so, my efforts yielded a few other miscellaneous tidbits worth sharing.
First off, here's a cumulative summary of each school's win/loss record in conference play (overall, home, and road) over the last 7 years of KU's Big 12 championship run. Specifically, this covers the 2004-2005 season through this season.
|School||Overall Wins||Overall Losses||Overall Win %||Home Wins||Home Losses||Road Wins||Road Losses|
Amazingly, KU's 43-13 road record over the last 7 years is better than every other school's home record except for Texas. I honestly expected more than 1 school to have more wins at home than KU has on the road. Interestingly, less than half the schools in the league have a winning record overall in conference play with only 2 (KU and UT) having a winning record on the road.
In compiling the table above, I looked at the Home and Road records for each school over the last seven years. In order to keep this fanshot a manageable size, I'll forgo a season-by-season look at each school's home and road records in conference play. Instead, I'll share a few highlights gleamed from that season-by-season review.
Again, this info only covers the last 7 years.
- A perfect home record (8-0) has been achieved 6 times (KU - 3x, UT - 2x, and MU - 1x).
- No school has had a perfect road record.
- 13 times a school has had a winless (0-8) road record (ISU - 3x, BU - 3x, OSU - 2x, CU - 2x, NU - 1x, OU - 1x, Tech - 1x).
- KU is the only school that's gone 7-1 on the road (done 3 times).
- Only 4 times has a school other than KU gone at least 6-2 on the road (UT, KSU, OU, and A&M - once each).
- KU's worst road record during this period is 5-3 (done twice).
In case you're curious, here's a table showing how many times each Big 12 school has defeated KU in the regular season over the last 7 years. The 3 losses in Lubbock defy explanation.
|School||Wins vs. KU|