Another new submission added in the comments. I had no idea we had so many readers with design skills. I should have done this a long time ago.
Looks like we've got three strong candidates out there right now. Guess we'll make one last call and then I need to decide how we're going to decide. It's tough, I've got one I think I like most, and then I go back and forth...I suppose a vote is the way to go, but...well...I'm feeling a little selfish.
Allright folks. We've talked about it, but now it's time to do something about it. As much as I think we all love the most realistic incarnation of the Jayhawk known to man, it seems a little stale. So we're switching things up here in RCT land and hopefully we can change the fortunes of Jayhawkland in the process.
Welcome to the RCT Logo Redesign project where YOU the reader, commenter and contributor of Rock Chalk Talk will help determine the look of this place as we head toward the future. Here's how this is going to go down.
- To make a change, we MUST have options. Thank you captain obvious! This means we need folks to submit logos and/or logo ideas so that we can have a vote and in turn a CONTEST!
- If you are so talented and capable of designing a logo here are the specifications: The logo size used on the blogs is 200 wide X 220 pixels tall. The best strategy is to send a high res 10:11 ratio image (such as an EPS, or 1000x1100 hi-res jpg) and we'll make the smaller sizes. An original PSD or EPS file as well would be ideal.
- We'll leave this open and bump this to the top of the page for...oh say a week(?) while we collect entries. My motivation has been revived with the start of basketball so we'll shoot for a relaunch as soon as possible.
- After suggestions are collected it will go one of two ways. If I'm blown away by one, I will select it. If there are an assortment of solid suggestions then the contributing team will narrow the field before voting is opened to the community. In the process of suggesting ideas feel free to "rec" those that you find particularly good and we will consider that your strong suggestion.
- And for the winner....check after the jump...
If you design it and submit the logo in a ready made format that doesn't require me to work with the SBNation powers that be from a design standpoint, then you've earned yourself one of these or something similar.
Pretty sweet huh? If you aren't into the full on graphic design but you still submit the winning idea well you're in luck. We'll still be rewarding you for that incredible idea that inspired whatever adaptation the good folks at SBNation can come up with when implementing your idea. Something like THIS...
A FEW Regulatory Requests:
Content Requirements: Your Entry must not: (a) violate any third party rights, including, but not limited to, copyrights, trademark rights, or rights of privacy and publicity; (b) contain defamatory statements; (c) include threats to any person, place, business, or group; (d) be obscene or indecent; (e) depict any risky behavior, as determined by Sponsor (SB Nation) in its sole discretion; (f) contain any third party trademarks or logos; and (g) have been entered in any other contest or have been published or distributed in any other media. Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to post any Entry for any reason.
Entrant's Warranties and Representations: By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that: (a) the Entry is an original work created solely by you for entry in the Contest; (b) you own all rights to the Entry; (c) to the extent the Entry depicts any individual or features the voice of any individual, you are the individual pictured and heard in the submission, or, alternatively, that you have obtained written permission from each person appearing in the Entry to grant the rights to Sponsor described in the "Sponsor's Rights to Entries" section below, and can make written copies of such permissions available to Sponsor upon request; and (d) the Entry complies with all
requirements of these Official Rules.
Sponsor's Rights to Entries: By participating, you: (a) irrevocably grant Sponsor, its agents, licensees, and assigns the unconditional and perpetual (non-exclusive) right and permission to copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works of, exhibit, and otherwise use your Entry as-is or as-edited (with or without using your name) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation, or approval from you or any other party; (b) forever waive any rights of copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, and any other legal or moral rights
that may preclude Sponsor's use of your Entry, or require any further permission for Sponsor to use the Entry; and (c) agree not to instigate, support, maintain, or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against Sponsor on the grounds that any use of the Entry, or any derivative works, infringes any of your rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, copyrights, trademark rights, and moral rights.
I don't know what all this means but some legal people did this for another sites contest and it seems important. I guess the important takeaway is that we can't just copy the Jayhawk, has to be some other version or something that speaks to KU without using the Jayhawk perhaps. Unless of course our legal experts here can shed any different light on that?
So there you have it. Submit away, let's get this done because the next step is T-Shirts. A better logo means we can get some better T-Shirt up in here.