- During Collins' stint, Kansas has won four Big 12 regular-season titles, two Big 12 postseason championship titles, advanced to three NCAA Tournament Sweet 16s, two Elite Eights, one Final Four and has won one NCAA National Championship.
- Collins has been part of the most wins in a four-year span in Kansas basketball history with 124 victories.
- While at Kansas, Collins has a 17-3 (85 percent) postseason record, which includes Big 12 and NCAA Tournament postseason play.
- As a junior in 2009, Collins was an All-Big 12 First Team and consensus second-team All-America selection.
- Including this season, Collins is a two-time Bob Cousy Award finalist for the nation's top point guard.
- For his career, Collins has been named Big 12 Player of the Week three times.
- As a sophomore, Collins was named the 2008 Big 12 Sixth Man Award recipient and selected to the Big 12 All-Reserve Team.
- In 2007, Collins was selected to the Big 12 All-Rookie Team and was named All-Big 12 Honorable
- Collins is one of only three Jayhawks to have recorded 1,700 career points and 500 career assists, joining KU greats Darnell Valentine and Kirk Hinrich.
- Collins is 26 points from becoming only the seventh player in KU history to record 1,800 career
- Collins ranks fourth on the Kansas career three-point field goals made list with 221. His 582 three pointers attempted are third.'
- Collins is seventh on the KU all-time assists list with 517.
- Collins has 25 games of 20 or more points while at Kansas, including a 32-point effort against North
Dakota State in last year's NCAA Tournament and a 33-point game in KU's come-from-behind victory
versus Cornell earlier this season.
|Rank and Records||KSU||KU|
|Strength of Schedule||#9||#27|
|RPI Top 50||8-2||9-2|
Kansas has the nation's longest active home court winning streak at 58 games heading into the Kansas State contest. The streak ranks as the second longest in Kansas men's basketball history. Kansas is 27-2 on the season, 13-1 in conference play, and has at least tied for its sixth straight, 10th Big 12 and NCAA leading 53rd overall league title. KU averages 82.4 points per game and gives up 63.8 ppg for a Big 12-leading +18.6 scoring margin. In Big 12 play, Kansas is scoring 79.6 points per game and holds a +11.5 scoring margin. Senior guard
Sherron Collins leads the team in scoring at 15.3 points per game and has scored in double figures 23 times this season following his 22-point performance at Oklahoma State Saturday. Collins is fourth in the Big 12 in free throw percentage at 84.3 percent and he leads KU in assists with 126 and three-pointers with 59.
Kansas State is one of the hottest teams in the nation having won seven-straight games since losing to Kansas 81-79 in overtime on Jan. 30. K-State (24-4, 11-3) has won 11 of its last 13 games and sits second in the Big 12 standings behind KU. Kansas State is 10-2 in games played away from Bramlage Coliseum this season, including 7-1 in true road games. KSU averages 80.4 points per game and gives up 68.3 for a +12.1 scoring margin. K-State attacks the basket as it leads the Big 12 in offensive rebounds with 15.1 per game and averages 20.4 free throws made per game.
Kansas has won 39 of the last 41 meetings with Kansas State dating back to the 1994 season. The Jayhawks hold a 178-90 all-time series advantage over the Wildcats, including an 80-35 mark in games played in Lawrence and a 39-18 record in Allen Fieldhouse. From Feb. 2, 1994, Kansas won 31 straight against Kansas State before the Wildcats halted the streak with a 59-55 victory in Allen Fieldhouse on Jan. 14, 2006. Since the inception of the Big 12, KU holds a 31-2 record against Kansas State - 25-2 in league play and 6-0 in Big 12 Championships. The Jayhawks won the first-ever meeting with K-State, 54-39, on Jan. 25, 1907, in Lawrence. This will mark the second straight and 12th time in the series history both teams have been ranked by Associated Press at tip. Prior to this season, the last time the two teams were ranked at tip was March 10, 1958 - KU 10th, KSU 1st. The last time KU and KSU were ranked in the top five at tip was Feb. 3. 1958 and KSU won 79-75 in double overtime in Allen Fieldhouse. KU was No. 2 and KSU No. 3. Earlier this season, No. 2 Kansas edged No. 11 Kansas State 81-79 in overtime in Manhattan. ESPN Gameday originated from Manhattan and Sherron Collins made a key basket in overtime to give the Jayhawks the lead for good. Cole Aldrich had a double-double with 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Collins scored 16 points. Marcus Morris also had a double-double with 13 points and 10 rebounds. Jacob
Pullen led KSU with 22 points.