Or is it GREAT to be a Jayhawk?!?!
Let's go over this again, and update:
The Last Two Calendar Years as a Jayhawk
1) 12-1 football season, reaching as high as #2 in the polls.
2) Orange Bowl bid, and victory, while listening to your most hated rival complain about how it should have been them.
3) 37-3 basketball season, culminating in the school's fifth National Championship, thus bringing about the greatest night of my entire life. (Thank you, Mario!)
4) Retaining the greatest basketball coach in the nation, and guaranteeing ourselves to NEVER, EVER, EVER miss the tournament as long as he is here, becuase he is NCOYFHOFNCHCBS!
5) Watching Misery piss away any hopes for their National Title, BCS bowl game, and poor ol' Booger's Heisman that he was "BY FAR" the front runner for.
6) November 29, 2008: Further enhancing #5.
7) Great showing in the Insight.com Bowl, leading into the best recruiting class the foootball program has ever seen.
8) Seeing #4 proved to be correct. In a "down year", a "rebuilding year", seeing Bill Self take this team of young, young players: two freshmen, two sophomores and a junior in the starting lineup, along with another sophomore, three more freshmen and a junior college transfer in mid-season first off the bench, we are ONCE AGAIN, for the FIFTH straight year, the class, the cream of the crop, the creme de la creme, the big dogs, the best, the CHAMPIONS of the Big 12 Conference!