So let's recap the last two days in terms of rumors swirling:
- Calipari decides to go to the Notre Dame of basketball at Kentucky
- Mike Anderson is going to speak to Memphis
- Cal hasn't finalized anything but talked with Kentucky
- Mike Anderson is in Georgia
- Lance Stephenson is a Jayhawk
- Mike Anderson is flying back to Memphis
- Cal needs to sleep on an offer from Memphis that Bill Gates himself would consider.
- Mike Anderson is flying somewhere
- Lance Stephenson might not be a Jayhawk
- Xavier Henry has a double secret out clause in his LOI and will go to Kansas.
- Calipari is orchestrating the greatest recruiting class ever talking w/Stephenson, Henry, Cousins and Wall.
- Georgia didn't offer Anderson but they are "targeting him"
- Calipari Finally has accepted the UK position, we think.
- Xavier Henry and Lance Stephenson to Kansas.
- Now Sherron is going pro and we might get Wall too.
- Anderson looking for a deal with Missouri soon.
- Anything I missed?????
Coach Calipari, Kentucky Basketball and the internet have managed to steal the spotlight from the culmination of college basketballs season. Careful Kansas fans, we're all so excited at Memphis' demize and the prospect of picking up a recruit or Mizzou losing there coach. What if none of that happens. Think of this scenario.
Calipari goes to Kentucky and awakens a sleeping giant landing top talent, final fours and championships for years to come. Mike Anderson signs the extension and becomes a formidable foe for the Jayhawks. Lance Stephenson's last minute second guessing leads to a complete 180 and a return to Maryland. Sherron and Cole go pro. Wall, Henry and Cousins simply file in to Kentucky Blue right behind Cal.
All you got there is Memphis being hosed. I could care less about Memphis, they aren't a threat to Kansas. A great Kentucky program is and the dominoes that do or don't fall from that could make for some stiff competition, which I'm ok with.