Tonight, the college basketball season kicks off for real, with a bizarre Roy Williams/ Isiah Thomas matchup that neither team seems to want to play. I know our boys still have a couple of days until they get going for real, but now seems as good a time as any to get back into "basketball mode" and start discussing what we think will happen this year in college hoops.
Let's make this thread open to anything you would like to talk about for the college basketball scene- either about the Jayhawks in particular, or more of the national picture. Only rule: leave talking about football at the door. Yes, we all still support the football team, and are hoping for a bowl, and are worried about our coaching staff, yadda yadda yadda. There's plenty of other places on RCT to discuss that stuff over and over again.
Possible Topics of discussion:
1. What team out there scares you the most?
2. Who is the best freshman in the country this year?
3. What mid-major do you like to make a run? What one is overrated?
4. Who is one team that nobody is talking about right now that will become a major storyline as the season progresses? Who is being talked about way too much right now, and is destined to fail?
5. Who is your second favorite college basketball team? Why?
6. With Hansborough no longer around, who becomes the most hated player in the game?
We all know that it hasn't been the greatest of times for KU this fall. But as the great poet Bono once wrote, "everything changes on New Year's Day." Also, when he said, "I will be with you again," I like to believe he was talking about the Final Four.
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!!!