A look at news and notes about Jayhawks and upcoming opponents...
The Good Guys...
- Feature article about Jeff Spikes, his recruitment and upcoming matchup w/South Florida's George Selvie.
- Some background similarities in Mark Mangino and Jim Leavitt.
- A closer loke at the Kansas offense throught two games.
- A common topic these days...the Kansas running game.
- Another look at the common experiences of the competing coaches.
- A Closer look at Phillip Strozier who will see more action with the Harper injury.
- Finally a positive outsider perspective courtesy the Fort Worth Star.
A Look at the other side...
- Coach Leavitt's Take on the Hawks.
- A slow start for Selvie hasn't been a concern.
- One of South Florida's offensive weapons Taurus Johnson.
- Another feature about South Florida's tight end Cedric Hill.
- Selvie article about opposing teams running attacks.
My thoughts...this is going to be a great game and a real test. Jeff Spikes and Jeremiah Hatch are going to be tested, the running game has too improve and our passing game is going to have to perform under the pressure of both a pass rush and an unfriendly crowd. The defense will be tested but confidence is high on that side of the ball, hopefully injuries aren't too big of a factor and we can keep the defense rolling. On one hand I want to say we are going to see a lot of scoring but on the other something tells me neither of these teams has seen defenses of this caliber. Final Score 31-24 Kansas wins in a nailbiter...can't wait.