A look at news and notes about Jayhawks and upcoming opponents...
The Good Guys...a full week due to the bye last week
- Column about the difficulty in the Jayhawks remaining schedule.
- Props to our Long Snapper?? Why not?
- Angus Quigley column.
- A Piece on Brandon McAnderson and life after football. Kind of...
- A look at possibly our most consistent LB this year James Holt.
- Kansas football is on the verge of setting some attendance records.
- Another interesting look at Wisconsin transfer Brad Thorson.
- Kendrick Harper and Dexton Fields discuss injuries.
- Just because there aren't enough stories about Kerry Meier.
- Emerging defensive star Chris Harris.
- KC Star preview of KU vs. ISU.
- Another look at future QB Kale Pick.
- A look back at the 2005 game and talk of avoiding a let down.
The Bad Guys...
- Des Moines Register talks about what ISU needs to do to win.
- Article about ISU's need to stop Todd Reesing...Good Luck!
- Pretty good preview of the game from the ISU perspective.
- Some interesting comments from ISU QB Austen Arnaud.
Finally conference play and thankfully a nice way to ease into it. Iowa State on the road is by no means a given but this should be a game Kansas wins. Gene Chiziks rebuilding project is a few steps behind where Mangino has the Jayhawks and with a bye week I feel like this team should be ready to go out and put together a game.
The return of Harper and Fields will be a big help from both an experience and leadership standpoint. Angus Quigley will be the starting back from the first snap and maybe this is the week we see some sort of a running game. My expectation is that Todd Reesing will have another huge game and we will put up a bunch of points on this team. ISU doesn't seem confident they can stop us so why should we believe anything else. my final score prediction 49-17 and we see a team that looks to have come together with the bye week....Rock Chalk.
Sidenotes and Tidbits...
- Must read article on Aqib Talib.
- Full list of supplemental notes released by the athletic dept. but here are some highlights...
A Kansas Win Would...
• Be KU’s 19th win its last 22 games overall.
• Be its fourth straight vs. Iowa State.
A Kansas Loss Would...
• Be less good than a win.(Never gets old)
• Kansas has held its opponent to less than 200 yards rushing in 31 consecutive games.
• QB Todd Ressing has thrown for at least 350 yards in three straight games.
• WR Kerry Meier(2) needs a 100-yard receiving game to tie four players for most consecutive 100-yard receiving games at KU.
Did You Know?...
Kansas is 14-3 in its last 17 games as a ranked team.
Oct. 4 A Good Day For KU...
Kansas is 13-4 all-time in games played on this date, including a 20-17 win against Oklahoma in 1997. The Jayhawks also played Iowa State on this date in 1947, beating the Cyclones 27-7.